Check out Case Studies related to the field of GIS and Public Health! You can pick any of the categories listed to the right of the screen under the page section: Public Health; Human Services; Hospitals and Health Systems; Managed Care. Within each category of the case studies you can find links to articles and journals from a number of sites and research areas of interest. Otherwise here is a list of articles for further independent research:
- “A GIS-Based Method for Modelling Air Pollution Exposures Across Europe”
Authors: D. Vienneau , K. de Hoogha and D. Briggsa
Publication: Imperial College London, Epidemiology and Public Health, MRC-HPA Centre for Environment and Health, St. Mary’s Campus, Norfolk Place, London, W2 1PG, United Kingdom
Date: Available online 28 October 2009.
- “GIS-Based Spatial, Temporal, and Space-Time Analysis of Haemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome”
Authors:Wu W, Guo JQ, Yin ZH, Wang P, Zhou BS.
Publication: Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, China Medical University, Shenyang, PR China
Date: Epidemiol Infect. 2009 Dec; 137(12): 1766-75. Epub 2009 Apr 27.
- “Use of GIS to Identify Optimal Settings for Cancer Prevention and Control in African American Communities”
Authors: Alcaraz, Kassandra I., Kreuter, Matthew W., Bryan, Rebecca P.
Source: Preventive Medicine; Aug2009, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p54-57, 4p
- “Geographic Information System (GIS) Maps and Malaria Control Monitoring: Intervention Coverage and Health Outcome in Distal Villages of Khammouane Province, Laos”
Authors: Yoshihisa Shirayama, Samlane Phompida,and Kenji Shibuya
Publication: Department of Global Health Policy, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan, and Center of Malariology, Parasitology & Entomology, Ministry of Health, Laos
Copyright © 2009 Shirayama et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd.
Date: Published online 2009 September 22. doi: 10.1186/1475-2875-8-217.
- “Using Geographical Information Systems (GIS) As an Instrument of Water Resource Management: A Case Study from a GIS-Based Water Safety Plan in Germany”
Authors: Wienand I, Nolting U, Kistemann T
Publication: Institute for Hygiene and Public Health, University of Bonn, Sigmund-Freud-Str. 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
- “Investigating Environmental Equity in Orange County, California: A GIS Based Spatial Analysis of the Toxic Release Inventory”
Author: Romious, Angila Li Shen, Ph.D.
Publication: University of California, Irvine, 2009 , 161 pages; AAT 3369685
Hospitals and Health Systems:
- “Using GIS to Assess Priorities of Infrastructure and Health Needs of Colonias along the United States-Mexico Border”
Authors: Jean W. Parcher (U.S. Geological Survey: Mid-Continent Geographic Science Center,Austin, TX), Delbert G. Humberson (US Geological Survey)
Publication: Journal of Latin American Geography. Volume 8, Number 1, 2009. E-ISSN: 1548-5811 Print ISSN: 1545-2476. DOI: 10.1353/lag.0.0023
- “United States : ESRI Health GIS Conference Participants Present Solutions for Improving Human Health and Well-Being”
Publication:Access World News: TendersInfo (Mumbai, India)
Date: October 15, 2009